Kissing Ooh La La

Sunday, January 24, 2010

~A guy I know from school who I think is kind of cute but also kind of creepy was in the spare bed in my room when I 'woke up.' However, I didn't think anything of it and started changing into normal clothes, and he woke up while I was topless, so I went to put on a different shirt, but then it got stuck on my head and he had to help. Once he got the shirt over my head, he wouldn't let go of my wrists, saying something about "can't let go," "God," "Jesus," and loving arm muscles, which is absurd because I barely even have arm muscles at all. He kept leaning closer and closer, and his eyes went all swirly and hypnotic, and then I kissed him, and I could feel braces that I haven't had for three years pressing against the insides of my lips. Then he disappeared in a puff of smoke, and all I wanted to do was find him and keep on kissing.~ Artemesia


Nyx: Well, first off, you are feeling like you are younger and more immature than everyone else, as shown by the fact that you have spontaneously managed to regrow your braces. Braces are also associated with insecurities, so perhaps you are hiding some inner fear...and perhaps that fear is that you will one day wake up to finding a sketchball with good bone structure in the bed next door. The fact that you do not sufficiently freak out about the creeper in your room (I know I would!) does show, however, that you are capable of handling extremely bizarre, not to mention awkward, situations maturely. The fact that the two of you managed to go lightspeed on the whole relationship thing in your dream is yet another sign of developing maturity and confidence. The fact that he starts muttering religious nonsense in your face and having hypnotic eyes shows that you think he's very devoted to something, like religious people are devoted to church. However, him running off so quickly suggests that you doubt his sincerity.

Tea: I'm going to disagree with Nyx on this one. He's saying unintelligible things because you don't understand him. You like him, but you still think he's creepy and out of reach. There is also probably some element of religious symbolism. You are probably conflicted about your religious beliefs; they are beautiful, and yet they scare you. You can't escape your religion because it is everywhere, and in the same way, this boy refuses to let go. You also feel that when you do embrace it, you will become young again, losing the control you've gained over your own life. When you seek this control again, you lose the religion, but you still want to have it both ways. You clearly need a more open variety of religious beliefs. I recommend Unitarian Universalism (but I'm biased...)

Tea's Father: You're both looking at this far too analytically. He's trying to kiss you, but you've realized that, just as I tell Tea every time she mentions a boy, they are only after One Thing, and I think we both know what that One Thing is. Stop letting him hypnotize you. Remember- he's only after One Thing.

1 comments:

Gretchen said...

wait...who's artemesia?? and just a word of advice, the theme is cool, but it makes the text really light and hard to read.