Don't Drink and Drive

Saturday, January 30, 2010

~I dreamt that I went to a coworker's party, (which I had decided not to go to in real life on the basis that it would be overrun with drugs and alcohol) with Yamaha, a guy who is six years older than me but won't leave me alone. But the party wasn't at my coworker's house; it was at my high school. The dream skipped over the party itself, but it seems that everyone spent the night there. In the morning, I met Yamaha at his car but he was still somewhat drunk - I was clear as a bell as usual, not having drunk at all. He had started balding and he had lost his shoes, so he insisted that couldn't drive barefoot because it is illegal (I learned that yesterday). He also appeared to be missing his arms, but they were actually just tucked inside his t-shirt because he was cold. I told him he was too drunk to drive me home and I would find my own way.~ Not A Partier


Tea: This is just a further acknowledgement, by your sub-conscious, of your relatively straight-edged nature. Even if you are confronted by temptation (the alcohol of the party) you stay on the straight and narrow. What's interesting is that you appear to conflate this with youth. Most people tend to say that teenagers are the criminals, ruining America and doing all sorts of awful things (rainbow parties, for instance, are supposedly the scourge of the nation, and you and I both know that those are a complete myth). You, however, see your youthful innocence as more pure, and less corrupted by the illegalities of adulthood. It is your older, drunken friend, after all, who has gone bald. The hidden arms indicate that there is something wrong with him that causes him to drink. However, when the arms come back, it is your subconscious telling you that he doesn't actually have issues.

Nyx: This dream is basically a verification of your responsible decision not to attend the party. You may have felt insecure about not going, especially if this guy was pressuring you to go. So, this dream serves to reassure you that you made the right decision by showing what would have happened had you attended the party, with Yamaha. However, the fact that the dream passes over the party itself suggests that you do not have very much experience with parties, and are not really sure what would have happened during it. Alternatively, your experiences with parties are that you don't remember a thing, although by your refusal to drink, this is probably unlikely.

Obnoxious Houseguest: Well, since he doesn't have arms, he clearly can't be drinking anyway, Tea, because he would not be able to hold the bottle. If he's not drinking it though, I could use a drink, have you got anything better than beer in your wine cellar?

0 comments: